Second Visit to ‘Eua
Above image (from left to right): Awareness program in Pangai and Houma village
The Centre’s Legal Officer, Fitilagi Fa’anunu and Family Protection Advocate, Vika ‘Akauola represented the Centre for the second trip to ‘Eua from the 13th to the 22nd of November 2018. The aim was to coordinate the centre’s services in ‘Eua, mainly focusing on conducting awareness programs to the communities about the following agenda:
1. Background and Mandate of the Legal Aid Centre
2. Services provided
3. Referral Network with other Service Providers
4. Case management weekly debriefs
5. Identifying gaps in services provided to the clients
6. Developing a referral strategy with the ‘Eua police on how to refer Domestic Violence cases.
7. Developing a referral strategy with the ‘Eua police on how to refer Domestic Violence cases.
The centre was able to complete its outreach programs throughout ‘Eua thanks to the support of the South Pacific Business Development (SPBD) that provided the platform for the team to reach the women’s groups in the communities covering 10 villages: Angaha, Pangai, Tufu, Futu, Ta’anga, Houma, ‘Ohonua, Fata’ulua, Mata’aho and ‘Esia.